1. Meanings of Words
In these Terms and Conditions:
“Bank” means a bank or financial institution licensed by the National Bank of Cambodia to carry out banking operations in Cambodia that has appointed TRUEMONEY Cambodia as its agent to undertake specified activities (which include certain POS-payment services) on its behalf.
“Bank Account” means an account in TRUEMONEY’s name with a Bank.
“Card” means a card issued by TRUEMOENY Cambodia, at its discretion, to you which can be used to withdraw funds at authorised Automatic Teller Machines in Cambodia or via TrueMoney Agent nationwide.
“Finger/Thumb print” means the confidential code you use with your card to access and operate your TUREMONEY account via TrueMoney Agent nationwide. This card will be issued to you by TRUEMONEY Cambodia.
“Security Pin” means the confidential code you use with your card to access and operate your TUREMONEY account via Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)
“Deposit Funds” means the funds that, under these Terms and Conditions, you authorise TRUEMONEY Cambodia to deposit into a Bank Account.
“TRUEMONEY Account” means your available balance of funds recorded on TRUEMONEY Cambodia’s systems.
“Loss” suffered by a person means any claim, demand, action or proceeding brought against that person and any loss, expense, liability or damage suffered or incurred by that person.
“TRUEMONEY Kit” means the Card, TRUEMONEY User Guide and other printed material provided to you at the time of registration. At TRUEMONEY’s discretion, it may also include a Card, Service and Product guide, other terms and condition.
“TRUEMONEY”, “we” and “us” means TRUEMONEY Cambodia.
“TRUE Account Number” means the nine digits number issued by TRUEMONEY Cambodia to you which enables TRUEMONEY to identify you when you access your TRUEMONEY Account on Agent’s Terminal “POS”.
“TRUEMONEY Agent outlet” means a retailer or any other person appointed by TRUEMONEY Cambodia under agreement to facilitate the TRUEMONEY Payment Services.
“You” and “your” means the subscriber of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services.
2. What are TRUEMONEY Payment Services?
TRUEMONEY Payment Services are POS Terminal Merchant enabled payment services offered by TRUEMONEY which allow you to carry out transfers, deposits, withdrawals, bill payments, mobile airtime top up, account balance enquiries, and other enquires, and transactions within Cambodia (“TRUEMONEY Payment Services”). By subscribing to these services, you authorise TRUEMONEY to deposit your funds (the current balance of which is shown in your TRUEMONEY Account) into a Bank Account.
3. How do these Terms and Conditions apply?
These Terms and Conditions govern the operation of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services. It is important that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions. Please contact TRUEMONEY Cambodia if you do not understand, or are unsure about any aspect of these Terms and Conditions.
4. When do these Terms and Conditions take effect?
When you first access your TRUEMONEY Account, you will be required to accept these Terms and Conditions, following these Terms and Conditions will constitute a legally binding agreement between you and us.
5. Eligibility for TRUEMONEY Payment Services
You may subscribe for the TRUEMONEY Payment Services if:
(a) you are:
- an individual over eighteen years of age; or
- an individual under eighteen years of age and you have provided TRUEMONEY with proof of consent from your legal guardian permitting you to subscribe for the TRUEMONEY Payment Services;
(b) you meet TRUEMONEY’s customer identification and verification requirements
You acknowledged and agreed that use of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services, together with your TRUEMONEY Account Number and your thumb print as the case may be depending on the transaction in question provides sufficient authority for us to process transactions on your TRUEMONEY Account. We may act on this authority and will not be liable for any Loss suffered by you resulting from us acting on this authority and we are not required to make further enquiries.
7. Fees and Charges
TRUEMONEY may charge fees and charges for your use of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services and TRUEMONEY Agents may charge fees and charges in connection with TRUEMONEY Payment Services they facilitate. Details of such fees and charges will be provided to you on registration and are available at TRUEMONEY Agent Outlets/shop. These fees and charges may include government taxes and charges as applicable.
You agreed to pay these fees and charges and agreed that TRUEMONEY may deduct these fees and charges directly from the Deposit Funds in your TrueMoney Wallet.
No interest will be paid to you on the Deposit Funds.
9. Operation and Details of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services
9.1 Withdrawals / Transfers / Mobile Recharge
(a) Withdrawals: you may withdraw funds by:
- using your TRUEMONEY Account Number and Thumb Print at authorised TRUEMONEY Agent outlets; or
- using your Card and security code (if these have been issued to you by TRUEMONEY) at Phillip Bank’s Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) or any other authorised ATMs in Cambodia;
(b) Transfers: you may transfer funds via TrueMoney Agent POS terminal merchant, together with your Thumb Print:
- to registered TRUEMONEY retailers;
- to registered TRUEMONEY billers;
- to other registered subscribers of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services; and
- to individuals who are not registered subscribers of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services;
(c) Mobile Recharge: you may buy mobile phone air time for Cambodian mobile network operators which have registered with TRUEMONEY by using your mobile phone, together with your Thumb Print. The terms and conditions of the use of such air time will be as agreed between you and the applicable network operator.
9.2 Information about your funds
- check the current balance of your funds recorded in your TRUEMONEY Account by using your:Card together with your security code (if these have been issued to you by TRUEMONEY) at any authorised ATM in Cambodia; or
- view a mini statement of your last five (5) transactions by using TrueMoney Agent’s POS terminal merchant, together with your Thumb Print.
You may also contact the TRUEMONEY Contact Centre (023 999 639) to receive information about your funds verbally or in writing.
The balance recorded in your TRUEMONEY Account will be the current balance as at the time you make the enquiry. However, there may be circumstances, for example, systems failures and technical difficulties, which mean that your TRUEMONEY Account balance information is not reported on a real time basis.
10. Processing Instructions and Limits
TRUEMONEY is under no obligation to accept any instructions (including instructions in relation to transfers, withdrawals and other transactions relating to your TRUEMONEY Account) and may, in its absolute discretion, accept or act on (or decline to accept or act on) any instruction. TRUEMONEY is not required to, and does not, check that the details provided by you and/or received by TRUEMONEY are correct. TRUEMONEY is not responsible for any inaccuracy in instructions given by you and/or received by TRUEMONEY and TRUEMONEY is not liable to you for any Loss suffered by you arising from such inaccuracy in instructions.
TRUEMONEY reserves the rights to pay transactions presented for payment in any order that TRUEMONEY chooses. Where the transactions presented for payment exceed the balance recorded in your TRUEMONEY Account, such instruction will not be acted upon by TRUEMONEY. TRUEMONEY will not partially pay a payment.
An instruction given by you through using the TRUEMONEY Payment Services cannot be cancelled, altered or changed.
Generally, all value transactions made via the TRUEMONEY Payment Services (for example a withdrawal, deposit or transfer) will be processed in real time, and will be issued with an electronic receipt by TRUEMONEY via Short Message Service (SMS). However, as noted in clause 9.3, there may be circumstances which mean that your TRUEMONEY Account balance information is not reported, and/or receipts may not be issued by SMS, on a real time basis.
If you conduct a transaction at a TRUEMONEY Agent outlet, you also have the rights to ask the TRUEMONEY Agents for a written receipt. It is your responsibility to retain this transaction receipt with other details for any future reference.
TRUEMONEY may also impose limits on the amount of funds that will be made available for certain transactions conducted through the TRUEMONEY Payment Services, or limits on the total amount of funds that may be deposited by you over any specified period of time. Details of these limits are specified in your TRUEMONEY Starter Kit and may be amended from time to time by TRUEMONEY.
11. Your Relationship with TrueMoney
The Deposit Funds will be deposited by TRUEMONEY into your Account. TM will recognise you as a customer having a deposit with TM equal to the balance of your TRUEMONEY Account. However, you have no legal or beneficial interest in your Account and only TRUEMONEY may issue instruction relation to your Account, including in relation to transfers, deposits, withdrawals, account balance enquiries and other enquires and transactions on your Account. TM will guarantee and pay to you the balance of your TRUEMONEY Account if TRUEMONEY becomes insolvent, to the extent that your claim is not satisfied from the proceeds of liquidation.
12. Privacy and Confidentiality
TRUEMONEY is collecting your personal information, instructions and transaction details on your TRUEMONEY Account (collectively referred to as “Information”) to enable TRUEMONEY to provide the TRUEMONEY Payment Services to you. Without this Information, TRUEMONEY may not be able to provide you with such services.
By subscribing and utilising the TRUEMONEY Payment Services, you agree that TRUEMONEY may use and disclose your Information to:
- any service provider engaged by TRUEMONEY to carry out or assist its functions and activities;
- to TRUEMONEY’s agents, contractors, advisers and to other persons authorised or required by law to disclose Information to;
- to TRUEMONEY’s parent company and subsidiaries for internal administrative and operational purposes or to any service providers engaged by them;
- the Bank to enable the Bank to hold your funds and carry out its banking operations;
- the Bank’s parent company or subsidiaries for internal administrative and operational purposes or to any service providers engaged by them.
You authorise these people to have access to your Information to the extent permitted above.
TRUEMONEY and the Bank may also use your Information to help them plan, research, market and promote their products and services.
13. Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions
You agreed that TRUEMONEY may delay, block or refuse to process any transaction without incurring any liability if TRUEMONEY suspects that:
- the transaction may breach any law in Cambodia or any other country; or
- the transaction may directly or indirectly involve the proceeds of, or be applied for the purposes of, unlawful conduct.
You agreed to provide all information to TRUEMONEY which TRUEMONEY reasonably requires in order to manage money-laundering or terrorism financing risk or to comply with any laws in Cambodia or any other country and you agreed that TRUEMONEY may disclose any information concerning you, your transactions and your TRUEMONEY Account to the Bank in which your funds are deposited, any law enforcement, regulatory agency or court where required by any such law, in Cambodia or elsewhere.
You declare and undertake to TRUEMONEY that the acceptance and/or payment of money by TRUEMONEY in accordance with your instructions will not breach any laws in Cambodia or any other country .
14.1 Cancellation of Card or Electronic Access
If you have been issued with a Card by TRUEMONEY, TRUEMONEY may cancel or limit your Card, or electronic access through authorised ATMs without prior notice and without any liability if:
- TRUEMONEY suspects that use of your Card, or electronic access may cause Loss to you or to TRUEMONEY;
- TRUEMONEY suspects you of being fraudulent or engaging in inappropriate behaviour;
- Your TRUEMONEY Account which the Card may access has been closed;
- TRUEMONEY’s systems or equipment malfunctions or are otherwise unavailable for use;
- TRUEMONEY believes that the security of your electronic access or TRUEMONEY’s systems and equipment may have been compromised; or
- TRUEMONEY is required to do so by law.
14.2 TRUEMONEY Account Number
You must keep your TRUEMONEY Account Number confidential and secure. If you have been issued with Card by TRUEMONEY, then you must also keep your Card and security code confidential and secure. You will be liable for any Loss suffered by you resulting from your failure to do so.
- In case your card is stolen, lost, damaged, please come to renew the card with our TrueMoney premise
- not let anyone use your TRUEMONEY Account Number, Card, fingerprint and security pin
- not allow any other person to see you entering your account number and security pin at all the time
- not use Phone Device which is jailbreak or root device with TRUE MONEY App
You are liable for all transactions conducted when you utilise the TRUEMONEY Payment Services, except where there has been fraud or negligence by TRUEMONEY, its employees, or agents or any mobile network operators which have registered with TRUEMONEY.
16. Discrepancies / Errors, Questions and Complaints
Please contact TRUEMONEY’s Contact Centre (023 999 639) if you believe that a discrepancy or error has occurred in any transaction, or if you have any questions or complaints.
To assist with TRUEMONEY’s investigations, you will need to provide the following information:
- your name and TRUEMONEY Number;
- details of the transaction in question; and
- the amount of the suspected error or disputed transaction.
TRUEMONEY will not be responsible for any Loss suffered by you if you do not request TRUEMONEY to dispute the transaction within 30 days.
17. Notices and Changes to Fees and Charges, Terms and Conditions
TRUEMONEY may change these Terms and Conditions, and Fees and Charges at any time. TRUEMONEY will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change before it takes effect by:
- notice displayed on TRUEMONEY’s website at www.truemoney.com.kh or by advertisement in major daily or national newspapers; or
- contacting you on your mobile phone via SMS notification or electronic notices generated within the TRUEMONEY menu system.
TRUEMONEY may also use the methods outlined above as a means of providing you notices.
18. Change in Details
You must notify TRUEMONEY immediately if there is any change in your personal details which you have previously provided to TRUEMONEY for the purposes of subscribing to and utilising the TRUEMONEY Payment Services. TRUEMONEY will not be responsible or liable for any errors or Losses suffered by you associated with the changes where TRUEMONEY has not received prior notice.
19. Disruption to Service
You agreed that TRUEMONEY will not be liable for any Loss suffered by you where the service is temporarily unavailable or where a system or equipment fails to function in a normal or satisfactory manner, regardless of how this may have been caused.
You must nominate a currency for your TRUEMONEY Account during registration, from a currency in which we allow TRUEMONEY Accounts to be held.
You agreed to use TRUEMONEY’s nominated exchange rates whenever you transact in a currency other than your nominated currency.
21. Amounts Owing
You agreed that TRUEMONEY may deduct from the Deposit Funds any amount you owe to TRUEMONEY.
22. Suspension or Termination
22.1 By You
You may terminate your access to the TRUEMONEY Payment Services (which includes the closure of your TRUEMONEY Account) at any time by giving written notice to TRUEMONEY or by contacting TRUEMONEY’s Call Centre (023 999 639).
22.2 By TRUEMONEY
If there is a nil balance recorded on your TRUEMONEY Account, and you have not utilised the TRUEMONEY Payment Services for one year (1 year) then TRUEMONEY may, at its discretion, suspend or terminate your access to the TRUEMONEY Payment Services and close your TRUEMONEY Account.
TRUEMONEY may also exercise its discretion to suspend or terminate your access to the TRUEMONEY Payment Services and close your TRUEMONEY Account for whatever reason including but not limited to, unsatisfactory conduct or where required by law or for any other reason TRUEMONEY considers appropriate.
In the event that TRUEMONEY exercises its rights contemplated in this clause, TRUEMONEY will promptly inform you but need not notify you in advance and TRUEMONEY shall not be responsible or liable for any Loss which you may suffer as a result.
22.3 What happens if Termination occurs
If your access to the TRUEMONEY Payment Services has been terminated (including as a result of the closure of your TRUEMONEY Account), TRUEMONEY will arrange payment of the balance of funds recorded on your TRUEMONEY Account at the closing date to you at the address shown in its records. In the event that TRUEMONEY is unable to contact you at your address shown in its records to arrange payment, TRUEMONEY will use reasonable endeavours to arrange payment to you by other means.
You agreed to indemnify TRUEMONEY against any Loss that TRUEMONEY may suffer arising directly or indirectly because you:
- did not observe your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
- acted negligently or fraudulently in connection with your use of the TRUEMONEY Payment Services, including your access and operation of your TRUEMONEY Account.
You voluntarily agreed to assume the risk of all Losses for which you are or may be liable under these Terms and Conditions.
You authorize Company to deduct or add to the balance standing in your existing TrueMoney account without notice for the following reason:
- any amount that is or may become owing by you to the Company and vice versa pursuant to this customer term and conditions ;
- all fines, penalties or other charges incurred by Company as a result of any act of fraud or omission by you;
- any amount that transfer into your existing TrueMoney’s account due to system or human error.
TRUEMONEY may, without telling you or obtaining your consent assign or transfer all or any part of its rights and obligations under this agreement to any third party. You agreed to do any act or execute any document as TRUEMONEY may direct to effect any assignment or transfer contemplated by this clause.
25. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Cambodia.